The technology marketed has been developed to provide rapid accelerated results within the application the technology has been installed. The technology utilises and maximises certain key principles of engineering and chemistry to attain the achieved desired results.
- From an engineering perspective, the technology provides extremely high rates of mixing, in the order of + 20 000. Reynolds numbers from which additional benefits are derived.
- From a chemistry perspective, The technology utilises an elevated pressure environment of + 200 kPa to increase the rate of reaction to achieve the end point required rapidly for the particular function required within the process.
The combination of the two key principals has enabled Abrimix to successfully achieve the results consistently whilst outperforming equivalent conventional marketed equipment as shown within the examples of various application results achieved by Abrimix.
The main applications in which the technology has accelerated and performed are as follows:
- The rapid effective separation of suspended solids (organic/inorganic) from a liquid medium including those of fats, oil, grease and any other hydrocarbons.
- The accelerated precipitation and separation of certain contaminating dissolved salts as well as selective precipitation of certain dissolved metals and salts.
- The process is able to effectively maintain treated water quality with variable feed water contaminant quality variations.
- The effective mixing, dispersion of chemicals within a larger volume of liquid
- The ability to effectively break and separate emulsions
- The ability to blend and mix two miscible liquids together effectively
- The ability to maximise dissolved gasses (mass transfer) within a liquid medium
- The ability to accelerate dissolution process with an extraction process
- The ability to increase mass transfer rates between a gas and liquid medium
- The ability to generate the required gas particle size for a specific application and process (From Pico to Nano bubble sizes)
Abrimix has developed specific equipment to compliment the Abrimix technology within a specially designed process treatment plant which will be versatile, highly effective and able to accommodate most water quality variances expected to occur from client’s manufacturing process plant waste discharge waters in a cost effective manner to an acceptable quality as required and expected by clients.
Technology throughput Scale Up
The Abrimix technology has various standard available sized throughput flow units that have been utilised within applications to provide the required treatment benefits. The technology can be scaled up to treat a specific volume throughput flow, provided there is a justification for the unit or multiples of the Abrimix standard available technology units.
The standard technology volume throughput flow units currently available are:
- A flow throughput of 500 to 700 m3/hr
- A flow throughput of 100 to 140 m3/hr
- A flow throughput of 20 to 40m3/hr
- A flow throughput of 10 to 15m3/hr
- A flow throughput of 5 to 10m3/hr